Job Title: Pathway to Apprenticeship
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Customer Init & Continuous Improvement team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Pathway to Apprenticeship position!
If you are looking for a hands-on job that may lead into an exciting and rewarding career in the electrical trades, PSE’s Pathway to Apprenticeship could be the right move for you!
Puget Sound Energy is seeking people interested in qualifying for future Pathway to Apprenticeship (PTA) opportunities in the energy sector. PTA jobs are entry level positions that may lead into Apprenticeship opportunities. These positions give you the opportunity to learn about the company and work with a diverse group of people while learning the tools of the trade.
PSE offers Apprenticeship programs in: Substation Wire, Hydro Electrician, Hydro Mechanic, Electric Meter and Combustion Turbine Specialist.
As Apprentice openings become available, they will be filled based on seniority by employees holding PTA positions.
Selection process overview:
• The PTA job listing becomes available on February 18, 2020.
• Deadline to apply is April 6, 2020.
• Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be invited to take the National Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (NJATC) test for the electrical industry.
• Upon receipt of the online application a full packet of apprenticeship required forms and materials will be sent via email for completion and submission prior to testing.
• Supplementary application materials must be postmarked by 4:00 PM on April 24, 2020. No exceptions will be made. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure this gets submitted back to PSE.
• The NJATC test is tentatively scheduled to occur in May 2020 in Bellevue, WA.
• Applicants successfully scoring 7 or better on the NJATC test will be invited to interview. Applicants will then receive a score based off their interview and test scores and will be ranked in the PTA Qualified Pool. As PTA positions become available, they will be offered to those in the qualified pool in order of the combined scores.
• Successful candidates will be required to participate in PTA training opportunities.
• Those holding PTA positions are then eligible to bid on apprenticeship positions as they become available. This is in part of the occupational progression as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement.
Minimum requirements to test:
• 18 years of age
• High school diploma or GED
• 1 full year of high school level algebra with a grade of “C” or better or college equivalent
• These are safety sensitive positions which are subject to random DOT drug and/or alcohol testing. . These are IBEW Represented positions and the successful candidates will become members of the IBEW.
• The selected candidate will need to be able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
• Job opportunities will be throughout PSE’s service territory which covers much of Western Washington. Relocation may be required.
• Candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening including a physical capacity assessment (for ability to perform essential job functions).
• Pay for PTA positions will be at least $17.13 per hour. Apprentice positions start at $37.14 per hour.
**For further information contact: [email protected]
Program standards can be viewed at: http://www.ini.wa.gov
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing
department at [email protected] or 425-462-3017.