METROPOLITAN KING COUNTY COUNCIL
KCTV MULTIMEDIA REPORTER PRODUCER
Closes: August 8, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
King County Television (KCTV) is seeking a multimedia reporter/producer to engage and connect citizens with County services, programs, issues, ideas and ideals. This innovative storyteller will develop and produce video and multimedia content for KCTV’s cable channel and social media platforms overseeing production from script to screen. The person who fills this position will ensure all media content has high production value that is consistent with the Council and County’s vision for Equity and Social Justice. Effective candidates will collaborate with the Council, Council leadership, County departments and staff to conceptualize, design and develop programming concepts and implementation strategies.
KCTV is an award-winning municipal television station that reflects, informs, and inspires the community it serves with a local mix of stories, analysis, and perspectives you won’t find anywhere else.
Ideal candidates are creative, experienced storytellers who are innovative, organized, well versed in industry best practices and all aspects of video production from development through final edits. The most competitive candidates are passionate about providing quality
programming to the citizens of King County; intellectually curious; have strong problem solving and communication skills; and work well in team environments.
KCTV is committed to upholding and promoting equal opportunity in employment. KCTV and the King County Council encourage people of all backgrounds, cultures and religions to apply, including veterans, people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ and people with disabilities. We value diversity and strive to hire a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We believe a diverse workforce is a strong workforce.
KCTV operates as an independent office within the legislative branch of King County
government. For more information about the KCTV please visit:
King County TV – King County
In order to be considered for this opportunity, applicants at a MINIMUM must
demonstrate skill and ability to:
• Create compelling media content, collaborate with County staff on story ideas and social
media strategy, storyboard concepts, conduct interviews, write scripts, narrate and present on-camera.
• Oversee and support audio and video media production including pre-production planning and post-production editing, audio, graphics, and all other program elements.
• Contribute in the marketing and branding of KCTV.
• Support team members in achieving the goals and vision for KCTV.
• Ensure quality content, scheduled productions have adequate crews and troubleshoot
• Write and update program information for Web pages, social networking sites, printed
brochures and fliers, and e-mail distribution.
• Provide direct production services and technical expertise to County departments.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least three years professional-level
experience in media production, broadcasting, or related capacity that clearly demonstrates
the ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
• Have experience working in organizations dedicated to achieving equity and social justice,
especially those that directly involve and provided services to members of under-represented communities.
• Have excellent written, verbal, narration and on-camera presentation skills.
• Demonstrate commitment to collaborative team work, superior customer service, and
successful delivery of government communications programs.
• Have a deep knowledge of, and the ability to interpret and apply, relevant state and federal legislation and licenses required for government broadcasting.
• Be flexible and adapt as required, while working in a multi-faceted and sometimes
COMPENSATION & HOW TO APPLY:
This position is open to all qualified candidates. The KCTV Reporter/Producer is a salaried,
overtime exempt benefitted position. This position reports directly to the KCTV Station
Manager but is responsive to all nine Councilmembers. The annual salary range for this position is $70,688 – $95,068 (DOQ) and includes an innovative and award winning employer with paid medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a generous vacation and leave program. To see all of King County’s benefits, please visit our website at:
Benefits, Payroll and Retirement – King County
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply and view a complete job announcement and apply, go to www.kingcounty.gov/jobs
A King County application is required to be considered for this opportunity. Interested
applicants must submit:
• A letter of interest
• a resume
• completed application
• and completed supplemental questions
NOTE: Online applications are preferred; however if you are unable to apply online, go
to www.kingcounty.gov/jobs for other options.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity to join King County government, please contact Tracy Calderon at 206-477-0979 or [email protected].