SAF Executive Director
The Seattle Architecture Foundation is searching for its next leader! As the organization approaches its 40th Anniversary, we are looking for a dynamic individual to fill this key position for a well-loved and respected community arts organization. SAF is perhaps best known for its architectural walking tours, but in recent years has significantly increased its youth & family programs and other public events. SAF’s programs are delivered by professional staff in collaboration with trained volunteers. The organization is governed by a Board of 20+ engaged volunteers who play an active role in resource development.
The SAF Executive Director (ED) reports to the Board of Directors and has overall strategic and operational responsibility for Seattle Architecture Foundation’s staff, programs, fiscal management, and execution of its mission. SAF is also a founding partner of the Center for Architecture & Design (CFAD) and the ED plays a lead role in managing this public space with American Institute of Architects-Seattle, which offers exhibits, talks, workshops and programs for members of the public and design professionals. Salary: $80,000 Annual.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated commitment to non-profit organizations and bring a variety of experiences and attributes, including:
- Experience leading and managing staff and maintaining a positive, inclusive, and equitable culture
- At least 5 years of senior management experience with increasing responsibilities in general management, financial management, and budget responsibility
- Previous non-profit organization experience and work with boards and leadership volunteers
- Proven experience in fundraising strategy creation and implementation
- An ability to develop relationships and partnerships with related organizations in the architecture, design, and urban planning community
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to listen and work with many constituents
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Interest in architecture, design, and urban planning is a bonus.
To Apply: Send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Closing Date: March 11
Please review the Full Job Description before applying.