In celebration of Lunar New Year, Xfinity TV customers can now access thousands of hours of Asian and Asian American entertainment in one curated destination via Xfinity On Demand. Xfinity X1 customers can also browse and navigate the experience with the X1 Voice Remote by saying “Asian American” and for the first time, online content from streaming services KOCOWA, Hi-YAH!, and Amazon Prime Video are also included.
“Xfinity TV’s Lunar New Year collection is a celebration of the vast contributions the Asian American community makes to entertainment across genres,” said Rebecca Simpson, executive director of International Strategy for Comcast. “The Lunar New Year destination is another way Comcast can proudly showcase its dedication to providing customers the best Asian and Asian American programming.”
Xfinity TV customers can access the Lunar New Year destination through February 28 and enjoy music, podcasts, TV series, movies and more, along with English and in-language programming in Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Tagalog, including:
• 40 Korean drama series like “Running Man,” “The King’s Face,” “Rooftop Prince,” “Secret Door” and “The Great Doctor”, available over the Internet on X1 through a free seven-day trial of online subscription video on demand service KOCOWA ($6.99/month after trial period)
• Over 200 Chinese, Japanese, and Korean action films with English subtitles available over the Internet on X1 through a free seven-day trial of online subscription video on demand service Hi-YAH! ($2.99/month after trial period)
• Popular movies like “The Handmaiden,” as well as “Mr. Six,” “Coin Locker Girl,” and “Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong” available over the Internet on X1 from Amazon Prime Video
• X1 movies on demand like Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Mulan”
• Music and exclusives from top artists such as Kris Wu, Monsta X, Jay Park, BTS, Milck, and Ne-Yo, available through Music Choice, as well as 16 sing-along songs from subscription video on demand service Stingray Karaoke, available on X1. Additionally, customers can enjoy free music videos from TVK-Pop such as: “Big Bang: Bad Boy,” “Girls’ Generation: Mr. Mr.,” and “EXO-K: History”
• Podcasts from iHeartRadio including “Project Voice,” and “Not Your Average Fangirls”
• A unique digital wallpaper of koi fish to wish customers a year of prosperity and good fortune
• Free on demand preview offerings from leading Asian and Asian American programming including:
–TV JAPAN’s (available January 28 to February 10) free preview of their entire on demand collection including dramas: “Tenchijin,” “Mampuku,” and anime: “Case Closed”
–Filipino On Demand’s popular movies: “Seven Sundays,” “Four Sisters & A Wedding” and “Everything About Her”
–GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Life TV’s Lnnar New Year-themed specials: “Bubble Gang: Temple of Babol, Chinese New Year Special 2018,” “Taste Buddies: Chinese New Year,” “Celebrity Bluff: Chinese New Year Special,” “iJuander: China Special,” and “iJunader: Binondo Food Trip”
–Well Go USA Entertainment movies: “The Assassin,” “Drug War,” and “Kung Fu Killer”
Year round, Xfinity TV customers can visit Xfinity TV’s “Asian American Film & TV” destination on Xfinity On Demand, a first of its kind collection, showcasing hundreds of curated titles, integrating culturally relevant content from partners including Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, and Pandora, and celebrating significant cultural observances. For more information on programming, visit Xfinity.com/AsianAmerican.