The following is an announcement from Comcast:
In recognition of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, Comcast will promote a collection of Asian-American content across Xfinity On Demand platforms, highlighted by a selection of new films from the Center for Asian American Media such as Am I American, American Arab, and Flip Flops. The collection will also feature Asian Action films from Well Go Entertainment such as IP Man 3 and The Assassin.
“We are thrilled to bring this year’s remarkable stories that represent the diversity of voices of the Asian American community to our customers,” said Javier Garcia, SVP and GM of Multicultural Services, Comcast Cable, in a statement. “This curated collection of programming once again underscores our commitment of offer prime international programming to Xfinity On Demand viewers all year round.”
Additional programming that will be featured this month includes:
- The new collection of on demand programming from TV Japan
- Best of Interpretations from YOMYOMF
- A collection of films from Eros Now including Singham Returns, Raanjhana, and Grand Masti
- Programming from Filipino On Demand, GMA Network, Myx TV and TV K-Pop Music Videos.
- A collection of free films from Hi-Yah including The Thieves, New World and A Simple Life.
- A free month-long preview of GMA Pinoy’s live and on demand programming, including its coverage of the upcoming Philippine presidential election.
Select programming will be featured on Xfinity’s Asian website (www.xfinity.com/asia) and all programming will be available under the “Multicultural” section on Xfinity On Demand, under Asian Heritage Month or Asian American Heritage Month. Most content will also be available on mobile devices via the Xfinity TV Go website and app.