Is the festival all online this year?
The 10th annual Seattle Asian American Film Festival will take place (almost) entirely online March 3-13, 2022. All films will be available on-demand for the duration of the festival, while a few select features will have limited online tickets. We have 13 feature-length films and over 90 short films for a total of 25 programs. Most programs will be followed by a pre-recorded Q&A with directors, cast or crew.
All films are available to watch throughout the United States, except select film programs are geoblocked to allow access only to viewers in Washington state, the Pacific Northwest (WA, OR, ID) or the US West Coast states (WA, OR, CA). Geoblock restrictions are listed on each individual film program webpage.
For all the latest information, please visit bit.ly/SAAFF2022.
How do I get tickets?
- All tickets can be purchased online at ly/SAAFF2022.
- Buy a Full Festival Pass or a Shorts Pass online at ly/SAAFFpass22.
- We also have a Festival 6-Pack deal that gets you six tickets for the price of 5. These tickets are valid for online film programs only, including special presentations, features, and shorts.
- Tickets for Opening Night Party Livestream and Drive-In screenings need to be purchased separately.
- Note: All tickets and pass sales are available online only. No refunds or exchanges. Service fees apply to all online orders. Films are not rated for content and viewer discretion is advised.
How much are tickets?
- General Admission: $10
- Discounted Ticket: $8: For those who self-identify as a(n) student, senior, artist, disability, and/or un(der)waged person
- Household: $20: If you’re watching with your friends and/or family, you can support us by purchasing the household ticket.
- Festival 6-Pack: $50: Six tickets for the price of five, good for all film programs online, except for tickets to the Opening Night Party Livestream. After purchasing your ticket pack, you will be able to select your films.
- Shorts Pass – $80: Access to all 12 shorts programs at the festival.
- Full Festival Pass – $120: Access to all online film programs at the festival, except the Opening Night Party Livestream.
There will also be two FREE by donation shorts programs. Limited tickets will be available on a first come, first served basis for our free program.
Free (By Donation) Programs:
- SAAFF Storytime (Shorts Program) ly/SAAFFStorytime
- Not So New Normal: COVID-19 Shorts, Series 2 (Shorts Program) ly/SAAFFNotSoNew
How long do I have to view the films?
All films are available for viewing online from March 3 12:00am PST opening day to March 13 11:59pm PDT across the United States unless they are geoblocked. Once you start watching a film program, you will have 48 hours to finish it (even if you click play on March 13).
Please note that on Sunday, March 13, 2022 Daylight Savings Time will begin at 2:00am PT so there will be one less hour to view films that day.
Can online screenings sell out?
Yes. Similar to in-theater screenings, there are capacity limits established by film distributors and producers that we are obliged to adhere to, so get your tickets and/or passes early!
Are the films in English?
Most films are in English. There are subtitles for non-English segments in the films.
How do I vote for the Audience Choice Awards?
After you finish watching each film, there will be an option to rate the film from 1 to 5 (5 is best) on the watch page directly under the video player. Voting will end at 11:59pm PDT on Tuesday, March 15, 2022.
When will the award winners be announced?
We will announce the Festival and Jury Awards on Sunday, March 13, and the Audience Choice Awards on Friday, March 18, 2022.
Will there be any films that I can watch in theaters?
Although we will not have any films playing in theaters, there will be four limited drive-in screenings of each Special Presentation feature film at the Stonehouse Cafe (Address: 9701 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118).
- Friday, March 4 at 7:00pm
Opening Night: Marvelous and the Black Hole
- Friday, March 11 at 7:00pm
Centerpiece Narrative: See You Then
- Saturday, March 12 at 6:00pm
Centerpiece Documentary: Cane Fire with Malihini
- Sunday, March 13 at 6:00pm
Closing Night: Free Chol Soo Lee
Drive-in tickets are priced at $35 per car. Load-in begins an hour prior to the screening start time. Restrooms are available on premise and food and beverages may be pre-ordered online.
More information available at www.seattleaaff.org.
How do I interact with SAAFF and filmmakers?
Join us on March 3, 2022 at 7:00pm for our Opening Night Party Livestream. We’ll be taking submissions of questions for your favorite artist at bit.ly/saaffON22 and select a few from the audience to ask our artists after their performances.
Throughout the festival, feel free use the hashtag #SAAFF2022 and tag us at @SeattleAAFF on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter to share your festival-from-home experiences!
How can I contact SAAFF?
Find us on social media!
Email questions to [email protected], or message us on Facebook or Instagram.