Organization: SPCA International, nonprofit 501(c)3
Office location: Seattle, WA
Accepting applications until May 8th , 2019
SPCA International is a small but mighty team of non-profit professionals improving the
lives of animals, and the humans who love them, through innovative programs and
partnerships. From rescuing dogs for U.S. soldiers deployed in Syria to building
partnerships in advance of the Olympic Games to running trap, neuter and release
(TNR) clinics in Chernobyl Nuclear Exclusion Zone – SPCAI has made a positive impact
for animals in over 70 countries. As a relatively young non-profit headquartered in New
York City, SPCAI has grown exponentially since its founding and aims to continue that
trend with the opening of a new West Coast office in Seattle and a website redesign this
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist to join our Seattle team and bring our
digital communications to the next level. This new position will be responsible for
multiple projects that engage supporters and drive revenue through digital
communication channels such as email, web and social.
Our team needs a driven, passionate, strategic innovator who keeps an eye on the
details while pushing forward. This is a great opportunity to grow in a small team,
nurture your own projects, own your results and see your tangible impact.
You will work daily with the Director of Marketing and Communications, Content and
Digital Media Coordinator and a copywriter while having regular access to designers,
web developers and video editors. We are a dynamic and nimble team, constantly
iterating and improving. We don’t get bogged down in process and encourage each
other to take an idea and run with it.
SPCA International is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse
staff. We encourage all people to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national
origin, disability and age including but not limited to women, people of color, veterans,
new parents, single parents, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
You Should Be Excited to Apply If:
- You have a deep desire to do work that matters and be appreciated for your part
in a greater system.
- You’re a creative and engaged employee who loves to execute your own ideas
and then test and iterate to optimize performance.
- Obsessed with KPIs and performance metrics.
- Uncomfortable with unfinished work and prefer to get things done ahead of
schedule rather than wait to the last minute.
- You’re excited by new technology and how it can be used to do good in the
- You aren’t afraid to learn new systems or propose radical systems change to
- You enjoy storytelling in visual and written mediums – especially about animals.
- You read, listen or watch the news almost daily and enjoy engaging with causes
and friends on social media.
- You love animals and have a passion for homeless dogs and cats.
- You are high impact and low-ego. You are kind to both yourself and to others.
– Conceptualize, propose and developed new automated communications
strategies to build relationships, engage supporters and increase revenue.
– Own the monthly recurring donor population and shower them with gratitude
and joyful impact stories.
– Review all running email automation streams and propose changes. Then
implement the updates.
– Monitor and improve Google AdWords and Facebook advertising creative.
– Scrutinize website traffic and develop benchmark KPIs using Google
– Develop the Action Center on spcai.org with new and timely actions for
supporters to take like petitions, surveys and advocacy actions.
New Project Development
– SMS and chatbot channel development.
– Peer-to-peer fundraising platform launch.
– Corporate partnership research and development.
Required Skills and Experience
o 3-5 years of experience in relevant roles in the corporate or non-profit sectors
o Familiarity with email, content and social media marketing
o Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools such as Salesforce,
Pardot and Marketo
o Strong written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and editing
o Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
o Metrics-driven marketing mindset
o Demonstrated success building relationships with team members and superiors
Bonus Skills We’d Be Excited to Hear About
o Fundraising experience
o Corporate marketing experience
o Understanding or experience working with chatbot apps
o International travel experience
o Professional, volunteer or educational experience in animal care
o Video production
o Corporate and non-profit partnership management
o Political, advocacy or campaign experience
o Familiarity with animal welfare issues
Some of the benefits of working for SPCA International:
- Flexible work schedule with great work/life balance.
- Excellent medical benefits begin just 3 months after employment – fully covered
health, dental & vision for the employee, and generous coverage for your
- Paid family leave.
- Retirement account with 3% match after 6 months of employment.
- Generous time off – 2 weeks of vacation, plus 14 paid holidays and ½ day
Fridays all summer long.
- International travel opportunities, but not required if you prefer to stay home.40 hours a week salaried position. SPCA International offers an inspiring, collaborative,
family-friendly working environment that values flexibility and professional development
for staff. The SPCA International Seattle office is located in West Seattle.
Accepting applications until May 8 th .
1. A short cover letter including answers to the following questions:
What stood out to you most in this job description?
What should we know about you that is not on your resume? (A hobby, a skill,
a passion, a travel experience, or maybe a life challenge that you have
What is your favorite motto or slogan to live by?
2. Your Resume
3. Send to [email protected] and with the subject line “Digital Marketing Strategist”