- Seattle City Light plans to add an alternate power supply (feeder) to the Chinatown International District neighborhood to increase the reliability of electrical service.
- Additionally when the Streetcar project needs to connect its power supply, this alternate feeder will avoid the need for planned outages to provide those connections.
- The cable for the alternate feeder must be spliced nine times.
- Shut down the power so that the work can be done safely, complete the splicing, and reenergize the lines.
- The power will be shut down for 20 hours, from approximately 11:00pm on June 5 to 7:00pm on June 6.
- Seattle City Light anticipates that it will take one prolonged outage lasting approximately 20 hours. Streetlights and traffic signals will be affected.
- Seattle City Light has requested help from Seattle Department of Transportation and Seattle Police to help with the outages.
How can I get more information?
- Mark VanOss, Sr. Public Relations Specialist; phone (206) 684-3279; email [email protected] or Percy Schlimm, Electrical Service Representative at telephone (206) 386-4246 and email [email protected].
Map of area affected by the outage