Ellen M. Abellera, executive director of Commission on Asia Pacific American Affairs, presented a list of local community projects that got funded in Governor Chris Gregoire’s 2007-09 biennium budget.
Those projects include:
• Asian Counselling & Referral Services: $3 million — funding for their new building in Rainier Valley
• Korean Women’s Association: $1.5 million — funding for a 40,000 square feet community building to serve homeless and low-income families and individuals with cultural and language barriers in Pierce County.
• Wing Luke Asian Museum: $2 million – — funding for rehabilitating the Kong Yick building for the new museum space slated to open in 2008
• Seattle Chinese Garden: $500,000 — funding to help build a 6,000 square-foot courtyard
• Nisei Veterans: $250,000 — remodeling the Nisei Vets Hall