Asian Americans are rising to the forefront, campaigning for numerous political offices in the state.
- Corey Murata, running for Shoreline School Board
- Lloyd Hara, running for King County Assessor
- Cindy Ryu, Shoreline City Councilmember and Mayor,
- running for re-election
- Sally Chen, running for Redmond City Council
- Conrad Lee, City of Bellevue Council Position
- Marilyn Strickland, Tacoma City Councilmember,
- running for Mayor
- Melissa Ponder running for Des Moines City Council
- Fred Chang running for re-election to Port Orchard City Council
- Patsy Bonincontri, running for re-election to Bellevue City Council
Port of Seattle Commissioner Position 4
Tom Albro vs. St. Rep. Max Vekich
Albro is non-partisan with 42 percent of primary votes. Endorsements: Seattle Times, The Stranger, Washington 46th District Republicans.
St. Rep. Vekich is non-partisan with 28 percent certified votes. Eendorsements not recorded.
With sights on the horizon-Running for election in 2010
Sharon Tomiko Santos, Bob Hasegawa, Chris Marr, and Steve Hobbs will be running for re-election next year.