Job Announcement: Operations Manager
The Washington State Budget & Policy Center is growing and we are looking for a highly organized and proactive Operations Manager to join our team and help increase our impact.
The Budget & Policy Center is more than your average think tank; we are a small and dynamic organization with a big vision for creating an equitable and healthy Washington state. This is a key role in helping us accomplish our mission of using public policy to increase economic security, racial equity, and community well-being.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to play a leadership role in maintaining and reinventing office systems, ensuring all staff have the tools and resources they need to perform their job effectively, and integrating an equity lens into organizational operations.
We are looking for someone who has a commitment to equity, has strong interpersonal skills, is detail oriented and highly organized, and most important, who wants to be part of a collaborative and passionate team of people who dream big about the future of Washington state.
- Office Management: Serve as the overall office systems manager (approximately 65% of time)
- Human Resources: Support human resource needs like professional development and new employee onboarding for team of 10 (approximately 10% of time)
- Finance / Compliance: Maintain sound financial planning and oversight (approximately 15% of time)
- Event Support: Collaborate with event planning leads and contractors to manage logistics for annual policy conference and smaller events (approximately 10% of time)
- Experience working with budgets, and proficiency with Excel.
- Experience supporting a small team in an office environment.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with an ability to balance individual needs and priorities with needs of team.
- Ability to be clear, direct, and concise in oral and written communications, including distilling complex information about information technology and employee benefits into clear directions.
- Committed to equity in all forms, and to B&PC’s goals of justice and prosperity for all Washingtonians, with a commitment to operationalizing racial equity into individual workplanning.
- Experience managing external vendor relationships.
- Experience with Office Suite, and/or Salesforce.
- Direct experience managing information technology (IT) systems.
- Experience handling logistics and planning for events.
- Experience with IRS, DOL, and/or PDC reporting requirements.
Salary and Benefits
The annualized salary for this position ranges from $55,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on experience. We are open to setting up this position as a 30-hour per week position or a 40-hour per week position.
This position will require the candidate to work physically in the office in downtown Seattle Monday through Friday.
The Budget & Policy Center offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, and flexible spending accounts. We also offer four weeks of paid vacation and five personal days per year in addition to 10 paid holidays and generous sick leave. Each B&PC staff member also has a dedicated professional development budget of $750 per year.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Seattle, with service from bus routes, light rail, and trains from around the region.
Please send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please highlight 1) why you’d love to join our team, and 2) up to three of your top skills that match our qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Priority review for applications ends October 16, 2019.
The Budget & Policy Center values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, people of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and people with low-income backgrounds and other diverse life experiences.