Marketing and Digital Coordinator
ACT – A Contemporary Theatre seeks a Marketing and Digital Coordinator. This role, open immediately, will help to cover a scheduled maternity leave and provide added functionality for our team. While the role is temporary, there is potential to grow this position into a permanent one at ACT.
Status: Temporary, 30-35 hours per week
Reports to: Director, Marketing Communications and Sales
Compensation: The range for this position is $21 – $24 per hour, based on experience
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Work location: Due to COVID-19 health restrictions, this job will begin on a work- from-home basis exclusively.
About ACT — A Contemporary Theatre
Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, ACT has been dedicated to producing bold, contemporary work by world-class playwrights and local performing artists and creatives since 1965.
You will be joining a team where collaboration, new ideas and creativity are valued and desired.
Marketing and Digital Coordinator Job Brief
This position is responsible for online marketing concepts, updates to our website and blog, social media and inbound marketing. The position will also focus on increasing social media followers and driving engagement on owned channels, helping to manage digital assets and developing entertaining and informative content for our audience across multiple platforms, while supporting any digital needs within our organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting in the management of workflow and process within our team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conceive, implement and measure social marketing campaigns on a daily basis across all relevant channels and develop strategies to increase engagement
- Execute on digital marketing strategies and build content across ACT’s owned channels, including web and blog, as well as email, direct marketing and digital advertising
- Maintain a content calendar for use across all of ACT’s platforms including social media, web, blog, email and promotional schedule
- Ensure messaging (internally and externally) aligns with ACT’s key business strategies and mission
- Successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Support marketing team staff, projects and efforts as needed
- Utilize internal communications tools including Basecamp to help manage projects
- Closely collaborate across ACT’s department teams to drive brand awareness, engage our audience and meet sales goals
- Assist in editing, proofreading and improving all content on an ongoing basis
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent project management, organizational and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrate expert understanding of how a brand participates in social media in an authentic way
- Strong verbal and communication skillsUnderstanding of image and video content production is a bonus
- Ability to operate independently, be detail-oriented and deliver results in an organized and timely manner
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize workload
- BA degree in marketing, communications or similar field and/or work experience
- Knowledge and competence with software systems such as Microsoft Office products, Basecamp, Tessitura and Adobe Creative Suite is desired
ACT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ACT has a strong commitment to the creation of a diverse workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to a fair and equitable work environment where everyone is a respected and valued as a member of the team.
Please send your resumé along with a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Marketing and Digital Coordinator.”
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with priority given to those who apply by July 30, 2020.
Desired start: mid-August, 2020
Anticipated end: December, 2020
This position will remain open until filled.