Finance and Administrative Coordinator
PEPS is searching for a detail-oriented, proactive professional who will bring strong finance and administrative skills to supporting
day-to-day operations at PEPS. This position will champion change and demonstrate aptitude to improve current processes and procedures. The Finance and Administrative Coordinator will report to the Deputy Director, work alongside a seasoned staff and committed Finance Committee, and oversee basic accounting and office functions. The ideal candidate will work with a spirit of
collaboration within all levels of PEPS and promote a culture of teamwork, wellness, and inclusion.
• Performs accounting functions including budget development and monitoring, monthly reconciliations of accounts, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, monthly financial statement preparation, cash flow and projections.
• Manages payroll processing and submission.
• Coordinates accounting processes associated with fundraising events.
• Researches, analyzes and resolves payroll, billing or AP and AR related problems or questions.
• Coordinates schedule, technical process and logistics for annual budget.
• Coordinates annual financial statement review and Form 990 preparation by external CPA firm.
• Ensures that PEPS follows best practices for financial internal controls and proposes new controls as necessary.
• Assists with administrative HR functions, including employee paperwork and files, benefits tracking and renewals, and onboarding and exit processes.
• Conducts HR, administrative and financial orientation for new employees.
• Remains knowledgeable of legal HR issues at State and Federal level.
• Champions change and demonstrate an aptitude to improve current processes and procedures.
• Performs general administrative tasks to support office operations including meeting scheduling, supply ordering, problem solving and other support.
• Provides customer service to and correspondence with the general public, participants, board members, stakeholders, and partners.
• Provides support to the PEPS Board of Directors administrative processes including recruitment, applications, filing, and meeting coordination.
Since 1983, PEPS has worked to bring new parents out of isolation, support family wellness, and promote parental resilience through community-based parent peer support groups. PEPS is a leader in the field of new-parent support, and is one of the only organizations offering support programs that are open to all new parents in our region. The PEPS mission is to enable parents of infants and young children to build communities that empower them to meet the challenges of parenting through mutual support and sharing of information. We fulfill our mission by offering peer support groups for new parents grounded in the research- based Strengthening FamiliesTM Framework and by partnering with other organizations to help them to deliver parent peer support programs to their clients.
OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE
Our vision is to create communities in which:
• No new parent feels isolated, ill-equipped, or unsupported.
• All parents develop the confidence to build strong, healthy families.
• All children grow up in a social environment that allows them to thrive.
Key Skills and Qualifications
PEPS desires a Finance and Administrative Coordinator who will bring the following qualities, qualifications, and experience to the job:
• Knowledge of accounting for nonprofit organizations.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Knowledge of HR best practices a plus.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office suite, QuickBooks, SharePoint, and able to leverage technology to streamline processes.
• Strong understanding of the PEPS mission, programs, and impact.
Education and Experience
• Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent
• 3+ years’ experience in an accounting function, preferably at a
• 1+ years’ experience in payroll, including understanding of best
• Excellent communication skills and professionalism.
Compensation and Benefits
This position will be 32-40 hours a week. Number of hours per week will be discussed during the interview process. The job requires an in-office presence five days a week, during regular business hours. The hourly rate is $26-$30 per hour plus
employee health benefits, retirement matching, and paid leave. PEPS offers an inspiring, collaborative, family-friendly working environment that values flexibility and professional development for staff. The PEPS office is located in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle.
The PEPS staff and board believe that its success as an organization is based on its unique and supportive organizational culture, which strongly affirms that all new parents deserve community, support, and social connection. When parents
build connection with one another, their babies, families, and communities are healthier. To work towards healthy outcomes for all families, PEPS operates with a racial equity lens across all of its activities and embraces learning and growth.
Please apply by February 4, 2019. Interviewing will occur on a rolling basis.
All applications will be acknowledged within 5 business days via an email receipt
and held confidentially within the hiring team. Every applicant will receive careful
consideration. To apply, please submit the following:
• A résumé that summarizes your relevant professional, educational/learning, and volunteer experiences.
• A cover letter that clearly explains how your background, experiences, and interests are a fit with the key skills and qualifications described in this position announcement.
Email your application as a single PDF (cover letter and resume combined in one document) to [email protected] No paper submissions, please.
PEPS values and celebrates the strengths
that diversity brings to the workplace and
we seek to create a work environment and
organizational culture that reflects the
communities we serve. PEPS is an equal