Community Organizer (Part-Time)
Employment Type: Part-Time, Temporary (20 hours/week, expires end of November)
Reports To: APACE Program Manager
This is a part-time, temporary community organizer role based in Seattle, WA with occasional travel to Renton. The position will implement outreach and civic engagement strategies targeting Asian American and Pacific Islander voters.
- Work with interns and volunteers to achieve goals and objectives;
- Implement strategies to reach AAPI voters via community events, canvassing, and other voter contact field work;
- Collaborate with community organizations, vendors, and partners to share resources, advocate for AAPI voter education, and increase AAPI participation;
- Mobilize community members and allies to advocate on issues.
- Prior experience organizing in immigrant communities and/or familiarity with electoral processes, with commitment to racial equity and social justice;
- Able to walk or stand for up to five hours and sit for up to three;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to travel between Seattle and Renton and accommodate community-based scheduling needs in the evenings and on weekends (requires access to reliable transportation and WA driver’s license);
- Bi-lingual skills in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Vietnamese, or South Asian languages are a plus;
- This position is not benefits eligible.
Send a resume to Emily Tasaka at [email protected] Include a brief statement of interest explaining how your experience makes you a good fit for this position. No phone inquiries, please. The final application deadline is June 19, 2019. However, applications and interview invitations will be processed and extended on a rolling basis.