Community Engagement Specialist Field Organizer with ACRS
Contributes to the overall goals to develop ACRS capacity, cross-generational leadership, and the tools and skills within and across AAPI communities to promote long term, year-round participation and engagement within their community and on the issues critical to their well-being and empowerment. Supports the engagement of AAPI communities through the implementation of coordinated, culturally competent and linguistically appropriate strategies for multi-lingual voter education, GOTV (Get Out the Vote), and community-wide outreach.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Conducts culturally competent, language appropriate direct voter and community outreach efforts, such as ballot parties, phone banks, door to door canvassing, and house visits. Conducts outreach through existing community and cultural events and regularly scheduled programming.
2. Ensures effective management of program data and database and accurate tracking and reporting of all program activities, including maintaining records, and documenting all contacts and activities, regarding outreach, voter education, turnout, and volunteer recruitment, training and oversight. Submits records and reports in a timely manner.
3. Assists in recruiting, managing and coordinating volunteers needed for engagement, translation and interpretation for voter education, outreach and turnout.
4. Participates in community, partnership and coalition meetings with civic groups, employers, community organizations, colleges and universities, and others with similar goals and significant AAPI populations to network and share resources.
5. Assists in managing news and social media outreach efforts, including work with ethnic media outlets.
6. Other job-related duties as assigned by management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Regularly required to walk; use hands and arms to reach and operate objects, tools, or controls. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Work may be performed in homes or an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
•Minimum of one (1) year of non-profit experience related to organizing, civic engagement, voter education GOTV.
•Experience with VAN (Voter Activation Network) and/or electoral work preferred.
•Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
•Proven ability to manage and maintain volunteer groups.
•Strong knowledge of API cultures is required. Ability to provide effective and respectful services that
are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices. Prefer fluency in Asian/Pacific Islander language.
•Works well in an ever-changing environment where creativity and spontaneity are encouraged and
•Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency in use of the Microsoft Office and other relevant software for word processing, calendaring, e-mail, data entry, and social media. Efficiently research and perform various tasks via the internet.
•Employee must have a vehicle or reliable transportation to fulfill all job duties. If using personal or agency vehicle, this includes valid current Driver’s license and must be insurable under agency’s auto policy. If using personal vehicle, must have current auto insurance.
•Moderate availability for evening civic engagement activities and weekend outreach events
Applicants may apply online at ACRS/Careers,
Or simply go to our homepage to learn more about ACRS,