Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports To: Kin On Board of Directors (the “Board”)
Job Location: Seattle, WA
ABOUT KIN ON
Kin On is a non-profit organization rooted in the Asian community for more than 36 years. Kin On’s mission is to honor and support elders and families by offering culturally Asian and linguistically appropriate healthy living services. Kin On is an aging-friendly community which includes six lines of business: Rehab & Care Center, Supportive Housing, Home Care, Social Services, Healthy Living, and Development.
This position is responsible for the overall management and operation of the Kin On Health Care Center (“Kin On”).
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Serve as the Chief Executive Officer of Kin On.
- Report to and be subject to direction from the Board.
- Work with the Board in developing, leading, and executing the strategic plan, future direction, business plans, and overall objectives of Kin On and its programs.
- Implement strategies that support the Kin On mission, the Kin On employees, and overall organizational needs.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Kin On Leadership Team in developing operational goals and managing Kin On’s programs and services.
- Engage with and effectively build relationships with Kin On’s key stakeholders: customers, government, community partners, donors, suppliers, staff, volunteers, and the broader community.
- Prepare annual budget and assure the accuracy and integrity of all fiscal matters of Kin On.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the current trends and future direction of the health care industry or senior care services.
- Management and supervisory skills in health care/human services administration.
- Budgeting and financial management skills.
- Knowledge of related governmental regulations and community resources.
- Ability to work and communicate with governmental, regulatory and community agencies.
- Broad experience across all functional areas of Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, and Procurement.
- Strong interpersonal and change management skills.
- Ability to work strategically as well as to address daily challenges at the operational level.
- Passion to serve the Asian community and elderly population.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese.
- Working knowledge of the Seattle Asian community.
- Ability to understand and relate to the diverse population and history of the area where Kin On is located.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, public health, business administration or related fields; human services, sociology, psychology, social work, or nursing school where gerontology (geriatrics, aging services/care, aging development) as a subject is taught. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive experience in management and administration in healthcare or human service fields; or five years’ experience with a Master’s degree.
- Possess a current Washington State Nursing Home Administrator license or able to obtain such license within one year of employment.
The CEO will work primarily inside a temperature-controlled facility with occasional outside travel as need arises. Duties may require a full range of motion such as standing, sitting, walking, lifting, manual dexterity, and computer use. Given the nature of the facility, the CEO will be exposed to common risks & conditions found in healthcare facilities such as blood, bodily fluids, IV equipment, various machines & monitoring devices, and wheelchairs.
TO APPLY: Please contact Human Resource Manager, Allie Chen, [email protected] for inquiry. Full job description available upon request.
Kin On is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Kin On prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.