Chinatown International District Business Improvement Area (CIDBIA)
Executive Director Job Announcement
Culture … History … Economic Development
Rich in tradition and amazing offerings, both evident and unknown, Seattle’s Chinatown International District is entering an exciting time of growth and prosperity. Are you collaborative? Comfortable working with a multicultural community? The neighborhood Business Improvement Area is seeking a dynamic Executive Director with a vision for the future — are you the leader we’re looking for?
About the organization:
The Seattle Chinatown International District Business Improvement Area (CIDBIA) a nonprofit community organization (501c3) works to support and enhance the economic health and vitality of this unique district. Established in 1994, the CIDBIA provides neighborhood business development and marketing, coordination of neighborhood major events, clean and safe services, and advocates on behalf of its constituents in public policy, planning, safety, and quality‐of‐life issues.
The Executive Director will lead the development, management, and execution of all CIDBIA programs and projects including and especially the expansion of the Business Improvement Area (BIA) and working collaboratively with other neighborhood organizations. This includes managing all staff, budgets, and contracts for the organization. The Executive Director must work effectively with city leaders, multiple city departments, and local business and community leaders.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise staff and contracts, management of day to day business and administrative tasks, assuring the smooth professional operation of the organization
2. Work with the Board of Directors and other community stakeholders to build support and consensus for an expanded BIA.
3. Develop and maintain a fund development strategy, inclusive of rate payer assessment, grants, event sponsorship and contributions
4. Responsible for annual budget development, operating within fiscal parameters of organizational budget, monthly review and summation of monthly financial reports
5. Design, implement, and maintain, in collaboration with key partners, a comprehensive annual plan for public safety programs and initiatives
6. Establish and maintain regular communication and contact with city and community organizations such as police, fire and other relevant public offices
7. In collaboration with community partners, develop/implement strategic marketing plans to positively promote the CID
8. Research, organize, coordinate and produce special events designed to improve awareness of Chinatown International District, may include but not be limited to: Dragon Fest, Lunar New Year, and Night Market
9. Serve as an advocate for community concerns at local and city levels through familiarity and understanding of local issues. Speak effectively on program goals and work to improve public policy relating to CIDBIA core programs or services
10. Develop strong working relationship with local officials and agencies, community groups, local businesses and property owners and community stakeholders
11. Organize and coordinate, with Board, meeting agendas, board retreats, and ratepayer meetings.
1. 5 years demonstrated, successful experience in nonprofit organizations, with emphasis on neighborhood revitalization, marketing, program development or equivalent experience. Professional work experience that demonstrates increasing responsibility/advancement preferred
2. Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Board, City staff, community stakeholders, sponsors, etc.
3. Demonstrated skills in implementation of programs that support mission of the organization
4. Minimum 2 years of management experience with direct staff supervision
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills, experienced public speaker and presenter
6. Demonstrated skills in analyzing problems, identifying potential actions, implementing identified solutions, reporting results of action
7. Prior experience with nonprofit leadership is strongly encouraged
8. Prior experience with event planning, management and or promotional activities
9. Proficient computer skills, Windows Environment, Office Suite
1. Bachelor’s Degree required in a field relevant to commercial district revitalization
2. Professional or personal familiarity working in culturally diverse surrounding
3. Ability to speak/write Cantonese or Mandarin is a benefit but not required
4. Strong decision making skills are highly desirable
5. A self starter with the ability, initiative and willingness to learn
Please send resume and cover letter explaining why you are our new leader to [email protected]. Posting open until filled. No phone calls or agents please.
Organization: Chinatown International District Business Improvement Area (CIDBIA) a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Chair/Co-chairs of CIDBIA Ratepayer’s Board
Supervises: Staff and contracts
FLSA Status: Salaried/ Exempt
Salary Range: $65,000-80,000 DOE
Classified ad updated September 23, 2015.